To change from Defense to Offense, make a couple of simple changes. You’ll feel great about it…
1. Shorten your rep meetings in half. Spend no more than 20 min with a rep and entice them to help you grow your business by asking for what you really want:
– Have them take their own inventories BEFORE speaking to you
– Make sure they write up defects & returns before anything else
– Ask to be informed about closeouts before anyone else.
– Can they comp you a free product to give-a-way to your email list. This will mean increased sales for them.
– Make sure they know you appreciate their good service. Reps have more input with their companies than you can imagine.
2. Delegate social media, facebook, & instagram posts to the kids on your staff. Give them an incentive to do well and post interesting photos & content- Regularly
3. Update your email list. If you don’t have one, get help starting one, and if you have an existing one, do more give-a-ways, fun & short events. Don’t just send photos of bikes. They see that everywhere else…
4. Bonus your staff & yourself. I know someone who pins (20) $5 bills on a board. Every time a particular sales item is sold, the salesman runs to the back and grabs a fiver off the board, and signs their name where they took it from. That $100 bucks brought in thousands of extra dollars. *(you can do the same with repairs or overhauls)
5. There’s no more $800+ a month yellow page bills, so don’t just save the money. Have a budget for give-a-ways. Be creative and don’t forget that every time your customer takes something home with your name & logo on it, they will be reminded where they shop. It’s a simple and effective for long term marketing.
More ideas can be found at: http://Propatch.com/2018-marketing-wheel/